Connect with us

General News

Cecilia Dapaah says after resigning that she will assist with inquiries

Published

on

Cecilia Dapaah says after resigning that she will assist with inquiries

Following the uproar generated by the alleged theft of $1 million from her home by her house helpers, Cecilia Dapaah, immediate-past Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources, has asserted her innocence, saying that she will assist with any state agency investigating the situation.

According to reports on Friday, two people who worked for the Sanitation Minister and her husband at their house were accused of taking large quantities of money and other valuables from the property.

Patience Botwe, 18, and Sarah Agyei, 30, are accused of stealing US$1 million, €300,000, and millions of Ghana cedis between July and October 2022.

They also allegedly stole clothing, purses, perfumes, jewellery, kente fabric, and outfits worth thousands of dollars from Mrs Dapaah’s husband.

Cecilia Dapaah resigned on Saturday amid public outrage over the amount of money she was said to have stored at her residence.

She stated that she did not want the situation to become “a hindrance to government work at such a critical time.”

Mrs Dapaah had issued a statement earlier in the day, noting “noticeable inconsistencies” in the case’s proceedings.

Several people, including Minority Leader Cassiel Ato Forson and anti-corruption activist Edem Senanu, have asked for an investigation into the situation.

Cecilia Dapaah stated in her statement that she was willing to collaborate with any state agency to determine the facts of the case and that she was convinced she would be exonerated.

“I intend to cooperate fully with all state agencies to enable them fully establish the facts,” the statement said.

“I have no doubt whatsoever that at the end of the processes, it will be fully established that I have conducted myself with integrity during my period in public service and I will be fully exonerated from all the allegations that have filled the public domain in the past 24 hours.”

Mrs Dapaah stood her ground on her complaint that the figures being reported had been exaggerated.

“Whereas I can state emphatically that those figures do not represent correctly what my husband and I reported to the Police, I am very much aware of the import of such stories around someone in my position,” the statement added.

Continue Reading

General News

Ghanaian socialite Ama Governor finally called to the Bar

Published

on

By

However, the Registrar's notification indicated that the presence of one's name is not conclusive and final proof of enrolment. Ama has been in a year-long struggle with the General Legal Council (GLC) since a concerned citizen submitted a complaint in November 2022. This complaint claimed that she had engaged in behaviour that was "unbecoming of a bar applicant."

Barring unforeseen circumstances, Ghanaian celebrity Elorm Ababio, often known as Ama Governor, will be among the attorneys inducted into the Ghana Bar Association this year.

Ama Governor’s name appeared on a list of entrants signed by Yaw Oppong, the Director of the Ghana Law School.

38371601

However, the Registrar’s notification indicated that the presence of one’s name is not conclusive and final proof of enrolment.

97393346

Ama has been in a year-long struggle with the General Legal Council (GLC) since a concerned citizen submitted a complaint in November 2022.


This complaint claimed that she had engaged in behaviour that was “unbecoming of a bar applicant.”

As a consequence of this complaint, the GLC halted the process of summoning Ama to the bar.

She fiercely denied the claims of impropriety, claiming she had been treated unfairly throughout the affair.

In a surprising turn of events, the Ghana Bar Association (GBA) representative’s report to the General Legal Council at the 2022/2023 bar conference held in Cape Coast revealed that Ama Governor has been given the opportunity to complete the application process for her bar call, which is scheduled for the October/November 2023 sessions.

Continue Reading

General News

Information Minister defends SSNIT’s investment in Rock City Hotel

Published

on

By

In the past, SSNIT effectively exited unprofitable ventures, allowing other shareholders to take control. According to the Information Minister, a Ghanaian entrepreneur with a successful track record in hospitality has indicated interest in acquiring SSNIT's stake in Rock City Hotel, which has over 800 rooms and employs many young people. The entrepreneur intends to build infrastructure, create more employment, and make substantial contributions to Ghana's economy, notably in the hotel industry, which is expected to rise to $5 million yearly. Despite satisfying regulations and going through a competitive procedure, others contend that the minister's involvement creates a conflict of interest.

Fatimatu Abubakar, Minister of Information, has shed light on Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) investments during a familiarisation trip at Multimedia Group Limited.

SSNIT, which was formed to offer pensions to participants, invests contributions to create cash for beneficiaries.

However, SSNIT’s venture into hospitality businesses, including hotels and guest homes, has created criticism.

In the past, SSNIT effectively exited unprofitable ventures, allowing other shareholders to take control.

According to the Information Minister, a Ghanaian entrepreneur with a successful track record in hospitality has indicated interest in acquiring SSNIT’s stake in Rock City Hotel, which has over 800 rooms and employs many young people.

The entrepreneur intends to build infrastructure, create more employment, and make substantial contributions to Ghana’s economy, notably in the hotel industry, which is expected to rise to $5 million yearly.

Despite satisfying regulations and going through a competitive procedure, others contend that the minister’s involvement creates a conflict of interest.

However, the entrepreneur was not a cabinet member when the procedure began. Politics should not deprive a talented Ghanaian of the opportunity to contribute to their country’s prosperity.

She also stated that Ghanaians should encourage local investment and assist talented individuals who can drive economic progress and generate jobs.

This allows us to encourage tourism, hospitality, and economic growth, which will help our country in the long run. Let us create a culture that promotes local investment and celebrates Ghanaian success stories.

Continue Reading

General News

4-year-old manoeuvres father’s car and slams into an electric pole

Published

on

By

To satisfy his curiosity, the four-year-old manoeuvred the car, leading it to collide with an electrical pole. According to eyewitnesses, the vehicle collided with the pole head-on, mangled the whole front end of the automobile before coming to a stop. Concerned spectators raced to the scene to carefully remove the youngster from the automobile. Fortunately, the event did not result in any injuries to the youngster.

A four-year-old youngster barely avoided harm after driving his father’s automobile unaccompanied in Dunkwa-on-Offin in the Central area.

The event happened when the toddler was left alone in a black SUV with the plate number GS 8757-10.

The boy’s father allegedly parked on the shoulder of the road and walked out to attend to other business.

To satisfy his curiosity, the four-year-old manoeuvred the car, leading it to collide with an electrical pole.

According to eyewitnesses, the vehicle collided with the pole head-on, and mangled the whole front end of the automobile before coming to a stop.

Concerned spectators raced to the scene to carefully remove the youngster from the automobile.

Fortunately, the event did not result in any injuries to the youngster.

Continue Reading

Trending

Optimized by Optimole