Connect with us

General News

My Meditations: Diana Hamilton reveals new song is about her true life story

Published

on

Award-winning Ghanaian gospel minstrel, Diana Hamilton, has explained the inspiration behind her new song titled ‘My Meditations’.

Speaking to Kwame Dadzie on Ghana Weekend TV, the 2021 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Artiste of the Year noted that she composed the song out of a series of life-changing experiences she went through.

She said situations such as her struggle to grow the fruit of the womb years ago and another which she went into in 2021 made her acknowledge the greatness of God more.

“I struggled for the fruit of the womb for a while then I got pregnant, then I was short of words; I still couldn’t articulate that. Fast forward, early part of last year, at the peak of COVID, I felt ill. It wasn’t COVID. I felt so ill doctors could not find what it was, but my infection level was going up,” she said.

Diana disclosed that at the time she was so scared of the unknown.

She said later when she was asked to keep eating all the types of food she could not eat earlier and was assured that she would be fine, she was gobsmacked; no words of hers could aptly describe how she felt about the greatness of God.

“The things he [God] does, ‘thank you’ is not enough,” she further stated.

When asked about the premium she places on songwriting in the entire music-making process, Diana indicated that she ensures the message is in tandem with scripture.

“I don’t play any musical instrument. My only instruments are my hands for clapping and my voice. But everyone has their strength, and so my source is the word of God. And so every song I wrote I make sure it is in line with the word of God,” she added.

Diana said after getting the message, she prays, researches, and also falls on the team of creatives who fine-tune the final product in the studio.

The 2021 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Artiste of the Year, started her music journey at the age of 14 while working as a backing vocalist for Francis Agyei.

She was among the few singers who were featured on Francis Agyei’s ‘Metwere Obotan’ and other projects in the early 1990s.

She worked with Zapp Mallet during the recording sessions and subsequently on her own album in 2007.

Diana Hamilton released her first album, ‘Ɔsoro Bɛkasa’ in 2007 and went on to win the music industry’s biggest award 14 years later.

She was adjudged the Most Streamed Female Act of the Year at the 2021 3Music Women’s Brunch.

Diana Hamilton’s most popular songs include ‘Mo Ne Yo’, ‘Awuraye’, ‘Yehowa Behwe’, and ‘ Adom’.

Watch Diana’s interview with Ghana Weekend TV below:

By: Kwame Dadzie | Ghana Weekend

The post My Meditations: Diana Hamilton reveals new song is about her true life story appeared first on Citinewsroom – Comprehensive News in Ghana.

Continue Reading

General News

9 killed, several others injured in an accident at Ho

Published

on

By

Officials at the Ho Teaching Hospital said that 32 people were admitted for injuries incurred, with 9 dying as a result of their injuries. Amos Jah, the Public Relations Officer of Ho Teaching Hospital, said that the injured patients are receiving medical attention and making progress in their rehabilitation.

A terrible accident occurred at the base of Galenkui Mountain in Ho, claiming the lives of nine people, including babies.

The terrifying occurrence occurred as a 207 Benz was transporting goods and passengers from Abotoase to Sogakofe.

The car encountered brake failure while descending the mountain, culminating in a collision with a Zoomlion garbage truck.

Initial reports verified seven fatalities at the disaster scene, including newborns and children.

Following that, Mary Dzifa, a nurse at Ho Municipal Hospital, informed Citi News that roughly ten children had died in the disaster.

“I was at our facility yesterday, November 22, when a car rushed in with dead and injured children and injured adults, especially men. Some were attended to at the facility, and the rest who were severely injured were taken to the Ho Teaching Hospital. The dead children will be about 10.”

Officials at the Ho Teaching Hospital said that 32 people were admitted for injuries incurred, with 9 dying as a result of their injuries.

Amos Jah, the Public Relations Officer of Ho Teaching Hospital, said that the injured patients are receiving medical attention and making progress in their rehabilitation.

“I received a call from a friend yesterday who was going back to town and that he saw the accident, so I quickly informed the nurses to be on alert. Some were brought in with pickups, ambulance, tricycles; the situation was very bad, some had broken limbs, some heads almost being severed, some were bleeding from all parts of the body. After two hours, we were able to calm the situation down.”

“We had a total of 30 accident victims brought here. Two others were brought from the Municipal Hospital this morning, making it 32 in all. My information is that we lost 9 of them, 4 are kids and 5 are adults. For the kids, three were brought in dead. Those injured are responding to treatment.”

Continue Reading

General News

This was avoidable – Bonaa on fatal clashes in Nkwanta

Published

on

By

The Oti Regional Security Council (REGSEC) will host an emergency security meeting today, Wednesday, November 22, in response to the Nkwanta riots. Regional Minister Joshua Gmayenaam Makubu, appearing on the Ghana Tonight show on TV3 on Tuesday November 21, verified the number of dead and described the pandemonium as "ethnic clashes."

Dr Adam Bonaa, a security expert, has requested the Oti Regional Minister to restrict all public events in Nkwanta in response to the riots that have taken eight lives.

The fights, in his opinion, were avoidable.

“The Regional Minister and his men must make certain that this never happens again.” This was avoidable, yet 8 people died as a result,” he remarked on TV3’s Ghana Tonight on Tuesday, November 21.

He further suggested that “It is important to suspend all public activities that are likely to take place by the two factions, this is the surest way of letting them know that there is an authority within Nkwanta and the region.”

The Oti Regional Security Council (REGSEC) will host an emergency security meeting today, Wednesday, November 22, in response to the Nkwanta riots.

Regional Minister Joshua Gmayenaam Makubu, appearing on the Ghana Tonight show on TV3 on Tuesday, November 21, verified the number of dead and described the pandemonium as “ethnic clashes.”

“Tomorrow we are going to have an emergency security meeting again, ” he further said.

He also disclosed that there had been conflicts in town two weeks earlier between members of two tribes, Adele and Akyode.

Following the conflicts, the Minister of the Interior, Ambrose Dery, acted on the advice of the REGSEC and via Executive Instrument to impose a curfew on Nkwanta township.

The curfew will be in force from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 21.

On Tuesday, November 21, an attacker opened fire in the town’s central market area.

Several people have been murdered and others have been injured as a result of the incident.

The Oti Regional Security Council dispatched officers to the region to handle the situation.

interior 2

“Government wishes to appeal to all to exercise restraint and to use the established mechanisms for the resolution of all their conflicts and disputes.

“Meanwhile, the Government will like to reiterate that, there is a ban on all persons in Nkwanta Township and its environs from carrying arms, ammunition or any offensive weapons and any persons found with any arms or ammunition will be arrested and prosecuted,” the Minister said.

Continue Reading

General News

I never indicated my house was sold – Speaker of Parliament

Published

on

By

However, the Lands Commission claimed in a statement that "at no time did the Lands Commission sell the said property to a private developer." However, in a recent meeting with civil society organisations, the Speaker emphasised that his official house was on the verge of being turned over to a developer except for the intervention of the Lands Commission.

Alban Bagbin, the Speaker of Parliament, has categorically rejected selling his official house to a private developer.

He then stated that his home was “almost sold” to a private developer.

The Speaker of Parliament recently revealed that his Accra home was sold to a private developer while he was still living there.

He said this only came to light when the developer went to the Lands Commission to register the land on Monday at the Speaker’s Breakfast Forum in Accra.

However, the Lands Commission claimed in a statement that “at no time did the Lands Commission sell the said property to a private developer.”

In a recent meeting with civil society organisations, the Speaker emphasised that his official house was on the verge of being turned over to a developer except for the intervention of the Lands Commission.

“I didn’t say my residence was sold. That was not what I said. This was just a comment in passing when I said it was almost sold but luckily, I was in possession. And I said it was when they went to Lands Commission that they realised from the search that it was the residence of the Speaker,” Alban Bagbin clarified.

Continue Reading

Trending